Best Basal Thermometer Review with Buying Guide
The essentials in brief
Best Seller Basal Thermometers
Best Basal Thermometer Comparisons
5 Best Basal Thermometer Reviews
1. Generation Guard Clinical Digital Thermometer review
- RAPIDLY MEASURE kids, infants, adults and animals FOUR TIMES FASTER than conventional competitors orally & rectally utilizing Generation Guard's superior microchip and highly sensitive accurate dual mode tip sensor best for mouth, anal and armpit use
- ENJOY CONFIDENCE in the CLINICAL ACCURACY and RELIABILITY of your premium health care thermometer with our improved build quality. Look no further this is FDA and European APPROVED by regulators as medical supplies for the home or workplace
- JOIN THE HAPPY CLUB of 1000+ FIVE STAR REVIEWS Thousands of customers who agree that this is the best digital medical thermometer they've had and the best MERCURY FREE GLASS ALTERNATIVE with a versatile Fahrenheit & Celsius degree option
- SAFE and COMFORTABLE reading of basal body temperature BBT for ovulation and featuring FLEXIBLE tip and WATERPROOF design with the comfort and safety of your beloved kid, infant, and toddler in mind approved by professionals
- ADD TO CART NOW you are protected by our 30 day NO QUESTIONS asked money back guarantee. Clinical Digital Thermometers purchased from Generation Guard come with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you're not happy with the product for any reason, simply return it for a full refund.This manufacturer's warranty applies ONLY to purchases made from Generation Guard.
The Generation Guard Clinical Digital Thermometer is higher than just a thermometer. It’s like a mini computer! It regulates your temperature to 1/100th to a degree. It saves your readings, and it defines the data to foretell when you’ll ovulate and report you if you might be pregnant. It also provides you one area to record other info about your menstrual period, like bleeding, cramping and cervical liquid. You have to follow for a couple of cycles to notice the full advantages, but it’s like fertility-charting entries! And, I have to state that everything it does is awesome.
2. Geratherm Basal Digital review
- High accuracy: +/- 0.1 ?°C - Precise to 2 decimal places
- Ability to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Easy to read Liquid Crystal display, Backlight for easy reading
- Memory Function, Rubbery flexible tip, Discreet beep when peak temperature is reached
- FREE BBT chart included, to chart your Basal Body Temperature & predict ovulation
This thermometer does not carry mercury which executes it much reliable for the application. It is an analog thermometer that requires frequent shaking to get accurate temperature expressions. Notwithstanding its traditional design, it offers the same accuracy as the mercury thermometers. The thermometer appears with explicit directions to provide comfortable use. The case is created by a magnifying optic to offer large readings that are simple to understand.
3. Enji Best Baby Clinical Digital Thermometer review
- ACCURATE RESULTS IN JUST 10 SECONDS! - When someone is sick, every second counts. That's why our ergonomic medical electronic thermometer will offer you accurate and reliable results in just 10 seconds!
- SO EASY THAT EVEN CHILDREN OR ELDERLY CAN USE IT! - The Enji safe and fast-reading digital oral, rectal and auxiliary thermometer features a jumbo LCD screen so even children or seniors can use it effortlessly!
- BONUS 5 PROBE COVERS! - You can use our oral, rectal or underarm clinical thermometer to monitor fever and temperature on babies, adults and even pets! That's why we offer you 5 BONUS PROBE COVERS for you first uses!
- 100% HASSLE-FREE RESULTS OR YOUR MONEY BACK! - You can try our durable and fast-reading digital oral thermometer for 30 days and if you are not 100% satisfied with the results, we promise to buy it back from you at full price!
This is a quick and reliable thermometer created for kids. It allows you to receive readings in just a thing of a second, which presents it one of the quickest on the market. The thermometer is intended to measure body temperature through the ear. It highlights an outstanding built-in memory able of remembering the last ten readings. It is an extremely recommended model that has been certified and accepted for safe use.
4. Braun Thermometer Review
- Braun ThermoScan5 Ear Thermometer is gentle, safe and easy to use on the entire family.
- Used by more pediatricians' offices than any other infrared thermometer brand, the IRT6500 thermometer features a pre-warmed tip that helps ensure accuracy.
- ExacTemp positioning system confirms good thermometer position in the ear with a light and a beep to ensure accurate temperature measurement.
- Memory function recalls the last temperature reading on the thermometer allowing you to keep track of fluctuations with a large, easy to read digital display.
- 2 AA batteries, 21 lens filters and protective case included.
It appears with a full screen with backlight to quickly observe the temperature range even in the dark. The screen shifts color depending on the intended temperature: Green implies babily is accurate, Yellow means baby is operating a slight temperature and red means, he’s become a high fever. This is simple to use, and the product is made more comfortable with the directions printed right on the thermometer. It only has two simple to use buttons.
5. Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer review
- DUAL MODE - The only thermometer that you will ever need. Measure temperature via forehead (suitable for all ages) or ear (recommended for children over 1 year old)
- RELIABLE AND ACCURATE - Clinically tested and proven to be reliable and accurate when used in accordance to instructions. Infra-red lens upgraded in all 2016 model.
- QUICK AND EASY - Just press F1 for forehead measurement and F2 for ear measurement. Results displayed on screen instantly.
- READINGS RETRIEVAL - Can store and recall up to 20 readings. Display reading in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL EQUIPMENT - The #1 recommended thermometer by doctor and pediatricians. NOTE: Please allow the thermometer 30 mins to acclimatize to your environment before using it. Making sure that the lens is clean and free of dirt/oil is also critical in getting an accurate reading.
This thermometer is simple to use. It is suggested though to get temperatures through the ears if your child is above one year old. Temperature presentations are accessible in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. It is powered by Triple-A batteries which are great for a thousand readings per set. Nevertheless, the accuracy and authenticity of this thermometer have more than executed for it. This thermometer proceeds always highly suggested by pediatricians.
Best Basal Thermometer Buying Guide
There are many methods to the children's desire to get closer and to influence timely pregnancy. But also a prevention without hormones and side effects occurs more and more in the consciousness of the women. Who NFP = N natural F families are also planning practiced, both covers and are on the safe side because measuring the morning temperature using basal body thermometer is considered to be very reliable and is also easy and quick to use.
The connection between the basal body temperature and the female cycle was discovered in 1905 by the Frisian-Dutch gynecologist Theodoor Hendrik. The estrogen released by the female body in time for ovulation increase the basal body temperature. If a woman measures her temperature every morning, she can use a temperature curve to tell when her ovulation is taking place. Also, elevated basal body temperature over a period of more than 18 days is considered a relatively reliable sign of pregnancy.
1. How does a cycle thermometer work?
A basal thermometer or a women's thermometer is in the application comparable to a simple fever thermometer. The meter is left for a few minutes in a closed body as possible. This may be sublingual (under the tongue) or axillary (in the armpit), but for more accurate results, a rectal or vaginal temperature determination is recommended.
As with the clinical thermometer, there are both analog and digital basal thermometers. A big difference, however, is the more accurate determination of the temperature using 2-decimal-place display. The results are recorded in a temperature curve, which shows when ovulation takes place and is, therefore, time for contraception or the recipient. In the symptomatically method, the cervical mucus is also observed, and its procurement is also entered into the cycle table in the cycle table.
2. Basal thermometer: analog or digital
Both types are the same when it comes to handling the measurement, but the function of the temperature determination is different: While the analog thermometer works with an expansion fluid, a digital thermometer uses a sensor to determine the temperature.
2.1. Analog basal thermometer
An analog cycle thermometer works like a classic extension thermometer. It consists of an outer and an inner glass bulb. In the inner glass bulb is a liquid whose volume expands proportionally to the temperature rise. Typically, mercury has been used as the expansion fluid, but since it is toxic in the event of leakage, it has been banned and replaced with Galatians for personal use. The scale on the outer glass bulb is limited to a range of about 36 - 38 ° C in an analogous basal thermometer and can, therefore, be displayed larger.
Tip: Although the markings on the scale are set only in 0.1 ° C steps, a more accurate reading in 0.05 ° C steps is very well possible due to the spread representation and thus represents no disadvantage for you.
The advantages and disadvantages of analog basal thermometers compared to digital:
2.2. Digital basal thermometer
A digital basal thermometer detects the temperature electronically. For this purpose, a sensor sits in the tip of the thermometer, which changes its conductivity when the temperature rises or falls. A display shows the changing current flow as a temperature value. If the amount does not continue to rise, a beep will sound. So you can quickly and safely determine your basal body temperature without much effort.
In our basal thermometer comparison 2017, you will find almost exclusively digital thermometers from various manufacturers and brands. They differ in the size and lighting of their display, their storage capacity and the nature of their tip (flexible vs. stable).
The advantages and disadvantages of digital basal thermometers over analogue:
3. Purchase criteria: Which cycle thermometer is the right one for you?
In our basalt thermometer comparison, we have presented all important features. After all, before you buy, you usually do not have the option of performing a basal thermometer test yourself. In the following purchase advice, you will find out again how to find your personal basalt thermometer comparison winner.
3.1. Does the thermometer show 2 decimal places?
To detect even the smallest differences in your temperature history, you should also record the second decimal place. However, since this criterion is a key feature of basal thermometers, this should be the case with every product. In analog basal thermometers, the scale indicates only one decimal place, but is, as mentioned in the tip above, a reading of the second decimal place easily possible.
3.2. Is the display illuminated?
This criterion does not apply to analog thermometers because there is no display in the sense. In digital thermometers, however, this is a nice feature that allows you to read the temperature even in the dark.
3.3. How long does the thermometer measure?
Since we humans are usually not very patient by nature, we would prefer a quick measurement result. However, for a safe result, NFP experts recommend a measurement duration of about three minutes. This is not a problem with the analog basal thermometer because you decide when you want to stop the measurement. Most digital basal thermometers have adjusted their measurement time compared to normal fever thermometers, but are still faster finished. However, some continue to measure after the beep, so you still have the measurement time in hand.
Please note: For a precise result in terms of NFP, a measurement duration of up to three minutes is required. In addition, you should measure only once per cycle day, because deviations quickly arise that can unsettle.
3.4. Is it possible to save the last measured values?
With an analogous basal thermometer, you cannot store values in that sense, but the fluid will remain at the last reading until you shake it down again. However, if you record your data directly after the measurement, it is not necessary to save it. However, if you still want to go back to sleep or take care of other things after the measurement, you can use this additional function. Then pay attention to how many storages are possible.
We hope that you have found the best basal thermometer with our basal thermometer comparison.
4. How does NFP work and what alternatives to the basal thermometer are there?
4.1 What is NFP?
NFP stands for Natural Family Planning and is based primarily on the symptomatically method, for which a basal thermometer is needed. Important for this method is also the observation of the cervical mucus. The cervix is called the cervix. It secretes phlegm, which changes in texture as the cycle progresses, either preventing or permitting sperm to pass through to the uterus. So a woman regularly measures her warm-up temperature - always at the same place and at the same time during a cycle - and enters the values and the composition of her cervical mucus into a cycle table. Furthermore, the table also documents when you had your days and how severe the bleeding was when you had sexual intercourse and if there were other peculiarities such as illness or medication.
Document cervical mucus:
- Ø = no mucus present
- t = no mucus present, dry possibly itchy feeling
- f = no mucus visible, moist feeling
- S = mucus is plump, whitish, yellowish, lumpy or creamy
- S + = mucus is glassy, transparent, spinnable
- S + H = last day of category S +, can only be recorded afterwards
4.2 cycle computer
Alternatively, you can use a cycle computer for family planning, which is more expensive to buy but saves you the paperwork.
There are two types of such baby computers: those that also evaluate the cycle by measuring basal body temperature and those that evaluate urinary hormone levels. Some of these temperature computers also allow for the detection of further symptoms and are therefore also suitable for the symptomatically method (for example the Cyclometer 2 plus) carried out a test in the year 2000 for such cycle testers, where it emerged that natural family planning using a basal thermometer stands high regarding safety and suitability for the prevention or the desire to have children and is therefore far superior to a contraceptive computer.
5. How safe is the symptomatically method as a contraceptive method?
For the safety of various contraceptives, the Pearl Index was launched. He indicates how many women have become pregnant every 100 despite contraception. The smaller the Pearl Index, the safer the method. As you can see from the table below, the symptomatically method is the safest natural method:
|Contraception||Minute Pearl Index||Max. Pearl Index|
|Sterilization of the man||0.1||0.1|
|Sterilization of the woman||0.2||0.3|
6. Questions and answers about basalt thermometers
1. What does Stiftung Warentest say about basal thermometers?
The Stiftung Warentest has not carried out a basal thermometer test, which is probably because this type of thermometer is on the one hand too special, but on the other hand, hardly differs from conventional fever thermometers. Fever thermometers, however, have been tested many times.
2. Where to buy a basal thermometer?
The most extensive selection of basal thermometers with all the essential information about the product can be found online. You can also buy your cycle thermometer in a pharmacy or a drugstore like dm.
3. How expensive is a basal thermometer?
It all depends on what you value with a basal thermometer. If for example, the display is large and also includes the date and time, you can count on about $20. If you are looking for a simple display in a practical format, or if you prefer an analog thermometer, plan for about $12. The cheapest basal thermometer costs under $10.
4. Where do I best measure my basal body temperature?
Basal body temperature is measured in a similar way to axillary (axillary) or sublingual (under the tongue) fever. The most accurate measure your value but rectally or vaginally. It is essential that you always measure in the same place in the course of a cycle to obtain comparable values.